Tuesday, February 03, 2009

A Cozy Kind of Day

Big snowstorm. Plenty of groceries. Clean house. Laundry done over the weekend. No urgent errands to run. Best of all? It's NOT a snow day for the kids! We all know how I feel about being alone in my house for a big chunk of time, right? Here's a hint: I FRICK FRAKKIN' LOVE IT! I've been having a good spell lately. I made the decision to return to the full dose of my anti-depressant a couple weeks ago, and I feel really good these days. Really good. Like, dieting-and-exercising-and-cleaning-and-organizing good. Not manic, but productive. Looky! I finished the afghan I've been working on for two years: Several times in the last few weeks, Dr. V. has come home from worked and asked, "Did the cleaners come today?" This makes me laugh and laugh... because the answer is NO! *I* cleaned the house! HAH! See, I'm laughing again right now at the mere thought of it, and yet! Clean! The weirdest thing I have noticed is that my desire for food is markedly less. I take Wellbutrin, which in addition to being an anti-depressant is used as a anti-smoking medication due to it's ability to reduce cravings. I've heard of it helping with weight loss, but I'd never felt the effect before. I really feel it now, though. It's very strange to suddenly feel the absence of that kind of previously intense life-long craving, but I'm riding it for all it's worth. I've lost 6 lbs. so far, and it feels... easy. I just got the call that they are closing the schools early, so I have just enough time for a cup of tea and a shower before I have to go get the kids. I've spent the morning twittering and catching up on a few blogs and responding to e-mails and puttering around on-line, so I can't complain. Once I get home with the kids, we'll turn on the fireplace and have hot chocolate and may even bake something. All in all, a very satisfying day!

7 comments:

  1. We are ALL about cozy at our house. Nice job on the afghan - when will mine be ready?
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful day! I'm so glad to hear you're doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh because the afghan? Totally sounds like me. Had I been able to even knit / crochet anything it wouldn't be done... prolly not ever. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blanket is AWESOME! I love the colors, love the pattern, love how it's bright but still calming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful afghan! Two years is a real labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back to your full dose, huh? I'm starting to wonder if I should too. Post partum can take a while to clear. I'm ready to have a day like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. meds that work = teh awesomeness

    ReplyDelete