Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Am ALWAYS Right. It's a Burden, Really.

You know how when you find something awesome, you want to share it? And you try to get the people you love into it because you know they'll love it too? But sometimes they resist you, and resist you, and they give you that "whatEVER" attitude? So after months of suggesting that they might really like it, you give up. Time passes, and then suddenly... they GET it? They finally watch or listen or read whatever it was that you wanted them to experience, and by then you are kind of "meh" about it? Yeah, so Dr. V. has discovered "Flight of the Conchords" this month. He actually woke me up at 1 a.m. with his uncontrollable laughter over the weekend, and I was pissed. Pissed that he didn't listen to me a year ago, pissed that he has consistently refused to watch the DVD I bought, and pissed that I was right - AGAIN - and awake in the middle of the night. Because really, hearing "You were right, honey - these guys are hilarious!" isn't nearly as satisfying at 1 a.m. when you've been woken from a dream involving Christian Bale cursing you out while licking honey off your belly. Ahem.

4 comments:

  1. I kept hearing about this show and finally watched a couple of episodes last week. Oh my god, SO funny.

    But now I'm wondering if I can talk myself into having that dream if I think really hard about it before bed. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my FAVORITE FOC song

    ReplyDelete
  3. There should be dream meters that signal if it's ok to wake someone from a dream. Bad dream, sure get me up. Good dream, stay away or I'll rip your head off kinda thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Vanessa on the dream meter thing.

    But, yeah...I hear ya. "I told ya so"s aren't always satisfying when you're waaaay past the "I toldja".

    ReplyDelete