Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Kind of Souvenir You Don't Want to Bring Home From Vacation.

I'm really, really sick. And no, before you ask, I don't think it's swine flu. I don't know if I picked it up on the cruise or if Peanut already had it when we left for vacation, because he was coughing badly before we left, but I don't have the fever/body aches that would make me worry about becoming a swine flu statistic. I am, however, still coughing after taking two different types of prescription cough medication. I'm barely awake, since both of them are narcotics, but yup - still coughing. Coughing for this many days means my ribs are sore and I'm frantically emptying my bladder as often as possible so I don't pee myself a little when I have a coughing fit. So, you know, BIG fun. And yes, I don't have a fever, but my throat is sore, my sinuses are blocked, and my lymph nodes are popping out of my neck like Frankenstein's bolts. It's a good look for me, goes well with the faded tan that no one has seen and the slow lurching movements, courtesy of the cough syrup. To top it all off, my eyes started dripping with goo a few hours ago. I figure my eyelids will be glued shut tomorrow morning, which should be fun. Figured I'd stick a quick post up, share my misery, and sigh off teh innernets for the rest of the week. Sorry if I owe you an e-mail, haven't replied to your comment, or am waaaay behind in my editing obligations. I'll be back when my body stops dripping with gooey secretions from multiple orifices.

7 comments:

  1. Miserableness! Hope the sun is out today so you can soak your bones in the warmth (it helps, at least short-term!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babe. Feel better sooooooon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have the same crud for about 2 weeks now. If anyone else asks me if I have the swine flu I will have them slaughtered and and smoke into bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds awful! I hope you're better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgive me if I wear this face mask while I visit your site, but had to say that I hope you feel better soon. Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete