Thursday, August 27, 2009

Brang Some Extra Crazy Along for the Trip!

We made it to PA this afternoon, the kids and I. It was not the worst trip we've had, not by any stretch of the imagination, but still exhausting. We pulled into the hotel in Syracuse last night, only to realize that we had stayed at the same place a couple years ago. It was the hotel where Pepper had accidentally left one of her precious Webkinz and was crushed when they had no luck finding it and returning it to us. She charged into the lobby ahead of me last night saying, "I'm going to check their Lost and Found!" and I had to break the news to her that her stuffed puppy was long, long gone. Luckily, they had a pool that was open until 10 pm, so she got over the whole "painful memory of loss trauma" pretty quick. Peanut had a few screamy moments in the car, but I continue to be astonished at how adaptable he can be. If it is a new, interesting situation, he is totally intent on exploring it rather than freaking out at the unfamiliarity - something I still can't get over. It is teh awesome. Except when he is fiddling with the fire hose cabinet the second I turn my back to unlock the hotel room. Or unscrewing the knobs from the dresser in the room. Or turning the mini-fridge temperature up so high that I think he broke it. Ahem. So, we made it. We smell of chlorine and road food, but we are here. And I really hope the Comfort Inn doesn't charge us for a new mini-fridge.

5 comments:

  1. You should just tell them it was broken when you got there! Especially if it's a Maytag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am Regan, Sales Manager, from the Comfort Inn & Suites! No really I am. I promise we won't charge you for the Mini-Fridge, reading your blog was payment enough! So glad you stayed, we hope to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Talk about customer service! Thanks, Regan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Regan, about that lost webkinz?

    My first time visiting your blog, Velma. Love the "ask to take a bath" post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I so relate to checking the lost and found years later. Because time stands still if I am not there.

    (Hey, how cool is Regan?!)

    ReplyDelete