Monday, September 07, 2009

Happy "Back to School Tomorrow" Day!

I am celebrating this gorgeous New England Labor Day holiday by, uhm... cleaning. Yes, it's a glamorous life here at Chez Velma, where the highlight of a holiday is sending my husband to the store with the kids so I can vacuum in peace. What can I say? Maybe someday you, too, will live the dream. Cross your fingers! Anyhoo. As you can no doubt tell, I'm climbing the walls waiting for school to start. I'm so sick of my own kids that I'm cleaning to avoid having to play Legos. I'm scrubbing the sink to the tune of two children clamoring for my attention so they can repeat the funny thing that was just on the television - yes, that snippet of comedy gold that I MYSELF JUST ALSO WATCHED, children. I'm locking myself in the bathroom to clean toilets so I don't have to re-transform another friggin' toy from car to robot no-I-meant-back-to-car-no-wait-robot, Mommy heeeeelllllp!!! Tomorrow. Tomorrow I will read the paper from start to finish in one sitting. Tomorrow I will take a shower without seeing a shadowy figure hovering through the steamed-up glass door. Tomorrow I will eat lunch without once uttering the phrase, "Yes, when I'm done eating my lunch I will help you with (insert activity here)." I'm... how you Americans say? "Looking forward to tomorrow." Ahem. Just a teensy bit.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, it is so sad being a grownup. My friend's 6 year old slept over and brought her Legos and wanted me to play them with her. How the hell does she know how to make a Lego Limo Driver and Lego dog? I wouldn't have been able to figure that out if my life depended on it!

    Happy first day of school tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been going Peter Walsh all over my house's ass this weekend!

    My kids start their little preschool tomorrow. I gleefully concocted a To Do list for myself of things that I will actually be able to GET DONE. Whee!

    ReplyDelete