Sunday, September 13, 2009

Petty Peeves.

We went to a big charity fundraiser last night. It was a big formal black tie event, and a lot of fun since we actually got to sit at a table with people we like. Dr. V. got a little crazy with his bidding paddle during the live auction, but he stuck to our budget so I can't complain too much. (Of course, I personally don't think a signed and framed Red Sox jersey is worth that much money, but whatever...) So here is my minor pet peeve - don't introduce yourself as working for the local paper by saying, "I'm from the Local Paper" unless you are a writer or photographer from the paper. I met several people who all said they were FROM the paper but who turned out, after further conversation, to actually you know, sell ad space or something. Weird. We also got Beatles Rock Band, which is a blast. I highly recommend it as a family activity - really fun. Not so fun? I think I'm coming down with something. Welcome to the school year! Sick within a week of starting school must be some kind of record, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! How's your back?

    ReplyDelete